IGEN Travel Grants
Intent: To defray registration and travel costs for Black, Latinx and Indigenous students to attend a disciplinary National Meeting and/or professional development event of the recipient's choice.
Description: This award will cover up to $1000 of applicants' costs for activities. Covered costs for attendance* at a disciplinary society National Meeting are registration, travel and lodging. Professional Development activities can range from technical writing courses to business management programs to technical skill workshops. Students should apply for this award to refine existing skills while also learning new ones to supplement their educational and career aspirations. Events may be virtual, hybrid or in-person. Funds apply to future activities.
* no abstract submission or presentation is required
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Graduate Student or Postdoctoral Scholar associated with the following IGEN AMT Partner organizations (AAS, ACS, APS, MRS, AGU, USC Research Hub, University of Wisconsin Madison CIMER, RIT Inclusive Practices Hub, WestEd)
Those looking to travel to the ACS National meeting should submit their application to the ACS Bridge Travel & Professional Development Award.
- conference details (must occur prior to Aug 31, 2023)
- professional development session details
- Uploading documents requires signing-in with a Google compatible email address. If you do not have a Google compatible email address, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
- Upload PDF of CV/Resume
- Upload PDF of Budget
- one Professional Reference
Reporting Requirements: Following the respective conferences or career and professional activities, awardees will be asked to draft a short summary of their experiences. The short summary will be shared with the IGEN Alliance Management Team and IGEN Partners.
Next Deadline: March 1
Travel grant applications accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed quarterly on the following dates (Oct 1, Dec 1, Mar 1, and Jun 1). Apply now!